Excitement is building with the big announcement that Disney Genie launches on Oct 19, 2021! Disney released additional information on the service and we’ve done the work reading every piece of it! This Blog is a list Disney Genie: Fast Facts & Info you need to know to plan your Best Day Ever!
Before diving into all the information we’d like to acknowledge what it will be replacing, FastPass+ Service, which is no longer available. Knowing this, we are keeping an open mind for the planning opportunities that will come with it that FastPass + was not able to support. Just as we re-think the planning process we expect Disney Genie to do the same. being prepared for this will make the transition easier to maneuver, especially if you have a trip booked during the launch of the new system. Here are a few things to keep in mind if this is you:
- Be sure to update or download the new version of the App when it’s available on 10/19.
- With any new launch, anticipate system outages and bugs, have patience.
- Be mindful of existing reservations and have a back-up method to access your times and schedule. Creating a written or digital version of this that you can access will be key to avoiding stress during an exciting transition. (Selfish Plug – We recommend using the Foolish Mortal Digital Planner!)
- If you can, play with the app and set-up preferences before leaving for your trip. If you’re there for the launch, schedule downtime on the 19th to complete the set-up process and get to know the software.
- Update as you go. If scheduling downtime isn’t possible, get as much as you can into your preferences and update information throughout your trip. Setting Intentions beforehand will be key to ensuring your preferences match your plan, you can do that with our Intention Setting Worksheets.
- Above everything else, have fun with it! Remember that it’s new for everyone so just enjoy making magical memories.
Disney Genie Fast Facts
Disney Genie is a complimentary digital service that will be available in the My Disney Experience App (MDE). Disney Genie is an interactive experience that provides a personalized itinerary based on preferences you set, (sounds a lot like Pillar #3 Intentions!) Within the App you’ll be able to:
- Set preferences – tell Disney Genie what you want to do, what you like and what you want to experience.
- Disney Genie will create a Personalized Itinerary based on your preferences.
- Itinerary is based on forecasted wait times, your location and pre-planned activities such as dining reservations.
- Why This? – This feature will explain why Disney Genie Selected this option for you. If you’re not interested, you can adjust your settings to avoid similar recommendations.
- Ask A Question – This feature allows you to ask Disney Genie a question or find a Cast Member that can help.
- Tip Board – This feature shows current available attractions, wait times and activities based on your location and preset preferences. Consider it a personalized menu of options.
Overall Goal: To help you plan your best day ever!
Disney Genie+ Fast Facts
Disney Genie+ is a paid feature within the Disney Genie Service that allows you to choose from 40+ attractions to save time in line. Similar to the old FastPass+, Disney Genie+ allows you to enter through the Lightning Lane on attractions you’ve selected to skip the Stand-By Line. Here are some key facts about Disney Genie+:
- Disney Genie+ is a paid service, it is $15 per ticket per day.
- Can be purchased ahead of time or on the day of your visit. Ticket options with Disney Genie+ included will also be available for purchase.
- Over 40+ Attractions are available to select across all 4 Theme Parks, see below chart we’ve created
- You can make one selection at a time throughout the day beginning at 7am for Resort Guests and Park Opening for non-Resort guests
- With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.
- Includes Disney PhotoPass Lense and Audio Tales features
Overall Goal: Save Time in Line!
Individual Lightning Lane Facts
Individual Lightning Lanes are an additional paid feature within Disney Genie. This feature is for high demand attractions such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (SDMT) in Magic Kingdom or Star Wars: Rise of The Resistance in Hollywood Studios. Here are some key facts about Individual Lightning Lanes:
- Price varies by day and attraction. For example, the Lightning Lane entrance to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 per person on October 19 and $11 per person on October 23.
- Purchase daily for select individual attractions, up to 2 per day, booked one at a time.
- Disney Genie+ Service is not required to purchase an individual lightning lane.
- You can make one selection at a time throughout the day beginning at 7am for Resort Guests and Park Opening for non-Resort guests.
- Availability for these attractions will be limited.
Overall Goal: Save Time in Line on Key Attractions with longest waits
Foolish Mortal Thoughts
We’re excited to see how Disney Genie Service changes Disney World planning with intuitive features. These features align with our Three Pillars – Plan, Budget & Intentions, which is the basis for our planning process. Our goal is to empower you to make decisions and Disney Genie will support that with live itinerary recommendations.
While we do not think Disney Genie replaces the need for pre-planning, we do think it will supplement your plans. Setting Intentions will still be important, doing this work upfront will ensure you can set your preferences within Disney Genie effectively to get the best possible results. For more information on our strategic thoughts join our free Facebook Community and get access to our Disney Genie Cheat Sheet!