This week’s Blog is dedicated to the newest DVC Resort, Disney’s Riviera! Blog #12 – Disney World Resort Review: Disney’s Riviera Resort is written by Disney Travel Blogger Jenn Marie! She’s sharing why The Riviera is her favorite and how her Intentions played into selecting this as her home resort. Let’s dive into the Mediterranean Oasis with Jenn Marie!
A majestic lobby overlooking the Skyliner, Mediterranean inspired decor and the smell of freshly brewed coffee. While these all sound like amazing experiences individually, when you put them together, you get the amazing Riviera Resort. Nestled right next door to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, the Riviera makes you forget you are in Central Florida and transports you to the Mediterranean coast. Take a journey with us as we explore what makes Disney’s Riviera Resort so amazing.
Ciao! Welcome to Disney’s Riviera Resort
Whether you enter the Riviera from the Main Door, the Skyliner Station where you are greeted by gorgeous Peter Pan and Tangled Murals or by walking, the Riviera makes a memorable impression. As the newest addition to the Disney Vacation Club family, the Riviera is a favorite among guests thanks to its beautiful and elegant design.
The lobby is adorned with marble floors and lined with “La Boutique” and “Le Petit Cafe” to immerse you in the Mediterranean experience. The jaw dropping part of the lobby is the gorgeous view out of the two-story windows overlooking the grounds of the Riviera as well as the Skyliner. If that doesn’t get you excited, wait until you see the rooms and the food options!
If you are anything like me, you like having easy access to theme parks like Hollywood Studios & Epcot. That’s just another reason why the Riviera is a great choice- proximity to two of the theme parks. Depending on the room you stay in, you can even have a view of Epcot and World Showcase.
Here’s why I Love Disney’s Riviera Resort – Pros:
- Skyliner Access– The Riviera is one of the lucky resorts that have a Skyliner station right outside its doors. That leads me to…
- Proximity to the Parks– Thanks to that easy Skyliner access, heading to parks like Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a breeze.
- 360 Views of the Parks– If you head up to the top of the Riviera, you get amazing views of not only Epcot, but also Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. That’s right, a 360-degree view of the parks.
- DVC Resort– Disney’s Riviera Resort is a new Disney Vacation Club property, which means the resort is all Villa Rooms.
- The Rooms– The rooms at the Riviera definitely impress. I had a 1 Bedroom with a Standard View and was in awe of the sheer size of the room.
- Standard Views- Now you are probably saying, how is a standard view a pro of staying here? Well, depending on the standard view room you get, you could be looking at Epcot every night and get a theme park view.
- The Food– The Riviera Resort is home to some of the best food in WDW. The quick service location, Primo Piatto, is amazing. Plus, their sit down restaurant, Topolino’s Terrace is a must-do if you can, especially for breakfast where you can see all of your favorites dressed as a poet, artist, ballerina and a sculptor.
It was very, very hard to find something I didn’t love about the Riviera, but here’s the one thing I would change about the 1-Bedrooms at the resort.
- Only 1 Shower & Toilet- While the bathrooms are gorgeous and decked out with marble galore, I wish that the 1-Bedroom at the Riviera had 2 showers, like their Deluxe Studio does or even a full 2nd bathroom, like the 1-Bedroom at Kidani Village.
Disney’s Riviera Resort: Facts & Info
As I mentioned earlier, Disney’s Riviera Resort is the new kid on the block in terms of DVC resorts and actually any resort at WDW. The official opening of the Riviera occurred on December 16, 2019, which means the resort is less than 2 years old. Special guests such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy were all on-site to help celebrate this momentous occasion.
Themed after Walt and Lily’s travels, the Mediterranean comes to life through decor. This resort is located directly next door to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and is an Epcot area resort. Disney’s Riviera Resort is the first resort to offer a tower studio room, which is only 255 square feet and designed for couples or only two people. These rooms are located in the tower section of the resort and offer accommodations that are priced less than other rooms at the resort. For more information on this resort click here.
If these tower studios don’t sound like they are for you, don’t fret! Disney’s Riviera Resort is home to over 300 rooms ranging from Deluxe Studios to a 3-Bedroom Grand Villa. For More from both Jenn & Head Foolish Mortal Melissa on this Disney World Resort, catch their Instagram Live on Replay Here!
Does Disney’s Riviera Resort sound like the Mediterranean getaway you’ve been dreaming of? Can you already smell the fresh brewed espresso? Then be sure to let Foolish Mortal Planning Co. help you plan your next trip. They offer tons of resources to help you set intentions that align with your budget and plans. I love their customizable planning tools and services – Choose from self guided tools or 1:1 sessions. For more information on working with the Happy Haunts at Foolish Mortal Planning Co. click here.
If Disney’s Riviera Resort is not your speed, that’s ok! Use FMPC’s Intention Setting Worksheets to help you decide what Disney World Resort is best for you. The biggest consideration: Location! Consider where you’ll be spending your time and select a resort that aligns with that location.
Jennifer Marie is a writer and adjunct professor and knows way too many facts about Disney and cruises. She’s a DVC Member and WDW Annual Passholder and has a vast collection of Disney merchandise from Beauty and the Beast to Baby Yoda. Jennifer has her own blog, The Happiest Travels on Earth, where she offers reviews and tips for Disney and cruises! Follow her on Instagram @thehappiesttravelsonearth !